is a program administered by Professional Development Foundation (PDF) as part of its vital role in developing non-governmental organizations which, in turn, realize their important vision in serving unprivileged areas.
We believe that these organizations can have a greater impact on society through the appropriate use of technology. That is where Techsoup Egyptcomes in to provide the necessary assistance on how to correctly and efficiently use technology.
Techsoup Egypt program grants a wide range of products for the eligible organizations, donated by global technology companies such as: Microsoft and Symantec.
Founded in 1987, Techsoup Global is a non-profit organization aiming to provide NGOs with the technology resources and knowledge they need to operate at their full potential.
As of December 2009, Professional Development Foundation (PDF) was selected as the local partner in Egypt assigned to implement the donation program. Being the official representative of Techsoup Global in Egypt, PDF was responsible for operating the Techsoup Egypt program.
Becoming a TechSoup Global partner is a unique opportunity for PDF to help renovate the entire technology landscape for NGOs in Egypt, as well as promoting IT as a development accelerator for NGOs – all in efforts to ultimately create a strong and able civil society.
- Improves NGOs capabilities.
- Facilitates coordination and information sharing both internal and external to the organizations
- Enhances the ability and effectiveness of staff to perform their jobs.
- Facilitates communication and information flow.
- Provides high levels of data security.
- Provides an open, flexible, reliable technology base for the future.
- Facilitates the electronic capture of data at its source.
How to apply?
For NGOs registration or for more information, please refer to PDF website www.pdf-eg.org
Or kindly send your inquiries directly to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For queries please contact PDF. Call us on + (202) 3305 9513/14
Address: 63 Syria Street, Mohandessin. Professional Development Foundation (PDF)
- All non-profit and non-governmental organizations can apply.
- Organizations must have legal registration documents
- Address of organization’s headquarters should be the same in official registration documents.
- Organizations must have PCs in place.
- Organizations must meet the worldwide eligibility criteria.
In partnership with IT giant Microsoft, Techsoup was able to expand the donations program globally with Egypt being one of top priority countries. Techsoup Global provides the platform, products, central administration and support necessary for the program, while PDF localizes and delivers the program in Egypt as well as managing the eligibility processes.